Tuesday, November 8, 2011

We're getting there!

Are we ready to do it again?  ABSOLUTELY!!  We have been collecting, sanding, painting, staining, moving, arranging and rearranging, but things are coming together nicely. We have most of our big pieces done and are starting to focus on the smaller details.



Here is an early peek at inside the store.  This is a dresser we have had in storage for quite a while. (We couldn't decide who was going to get to keep it, but couldn't possibly think about parting with it!) It is the most beautiful curved front piece with nearly perfect carvings on either side and a great scroll detail on the bottom.   We have decided that it isn't doing anyone any good sitting in storage so we finally brought it to the store.  We can't wait to see who will become the lucky owner...that is if one of us doesn't end up sneaking it back home!

Here is one more picture for you.  This dresser was one that I had my husband pick up for me out by the lakes.  When he got home and I finally got to see it in person I was a little disappointed.  It just didn't look like I thought it was going to so it sat in the garage for a little longer than either one of us would have liked, but I finally found my inspiration and it turned out great!  This baby got some new trim, wood accents and numerous coats of paint.  I did have to call my dad so he could guide me through turning on the saw, but after that it was smooth sailing.  The best news is, I still have all my fingers.  I am still on the hunt for perfect knobs, but it is truly shaping up!  I hope you like it as much as I do!

See you in a few short weeks.

Beth and Cassie
Livin' the Dream
December 2 10am-8pm
December 3 10am-9pm
December 4 12pm-5pm

901 Center Ave
Moorhead, MN

No comments:

Post a Comment